Monday, March 24, 2008

About Me


First and foremost, I am a mom and a wife.  My husband Mark and I have been married for almost 13 years.  We have 3 sons, Alex, Owen, and Max.  They are the loves of our lives!  The only other girl in my house is Lola, our English Bulldog.  We live in Pennsylvania, in a suburb close to Philadelphia.  
I've been teaching group fitness classes since I was 17!  I'll be 34 in September.  That's a long time!!!  
In 2004, I filmed my first professional step aerobics video, Rock Steady Step, a CIA Video production.  www.ciavideo.com  I then went on to film 3 more videos, The Next Step, Bosu Blast and Straight Up Step.  All 4 can be purchased at www.collagevideo.com 
I teach about 5 to 7 classes a week, sometimes more.  I teach mostly advanced step classes and Body Pump.  I absolutely love what I do!  Who wouldn't want to get paid to exercise?  It really is the greatest job in the world.  
Teaching Group Fitness is my number 1 passion.  Every day brings new challenges; for example... the challenge to inspire another person and the challenge to help someone feel better about themselves.  I love a good challenge!
Anyway, welcome to my YouTube Clips & Choreography Blog.  Here I will post new clips as I film them and I'll post the choreography for them as well.  I'll attempt to post many of my clips that are already on YouTube, but this might take some time.  
Enjoy!!!
~Seasun~  

7 comments:

fitmamackk said...

Seasun--
I was so inspired by your wheel step on youtube! Like you, I'm a mom of 3, so very busy, and I've been teaching a long time, so it's easy to get bored with my routines. My class loves wheel step, so I'm glad I came across it.

I'm also a fitness continuing education provider and presenter and would love to teach wheel step workshops. But I definitely do not want to take credit for inventing "the wheel"!

If I teach some, should I credit you with the invention of it? Do you know who did invent it if it wasn't you? Not sure if anyone "owns" wheel step, but I want to give credit where credit is due.

Thanks for your input!

Christy Stevenson
FiTOUR ProTrainer, AFFC Group Fitness Supervisor

Danelle and Clint said...

Amazing job! I appreciate sharing your "gift" of teaching. I teach a basic step class with a huge variety of participants. I am able to use some of your advance moves as options for the "dancers" in my class. Thanks again for sharing!

FOR MEGAN said...

Hi Seasun -- I really love your videos and your choreography. Before I read your blog I thought you were a young one, maybe 23 or 24 -- I can't believe you have 3 kids -- good for you! I've been teaching just as long as you have and I would love to make a video of my own someday. I look to instructors like you for inspiration! THanks for all you do -- I'll make sure to order your CIA for 2009! -- Charlene

Don Lafferty said...

Really good stuff.

mrsstepgirl said...

What a great mentor you are...I am grateful that your spirit shines so freely!

mrsstepgirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

wondering if you have an instruction video that teaches you the moves?